The best kiss I ever got

The best kiss I ever got

Monday, February 7, 2011

#6 And Four Became One

Brooklynn began to make a little more progress. She had lots and lots of therapy and lots and lots of prayer. She was still having trouble gaining weight so we would load her bottles down with high calorie things like butter and syrup. Our home life was still terrible so after much prayer and some other things I knew it was time for Brooklynn and I to leave. Up until this time no one really had knew what was going on and what we had been through including my parents. They knew what they had seen but no other details so I mustered up enough courage to call them and tell them. Brooklynn and I had to hide in a motel in another state for 3 long days until they found my ex husband and put him in jail. I was absolutely terrified.
We came back home to mom and dads and that's where we lived for a few months. I would ask God over and over to please send Brooklynn a wonderful dad. One that would love her as much as I did. Then  I started talking to Timmy. I had met him before but we never had really liked each other. In fact, he was the one who helped Brooklynn & I hide out but I still never thought he was someone I would date or much less marry but God had it all in his plans. Every time I would see him or talk to him he would always talk to Brooklynn and play with her.He would make funny comments to me when he would see me at his brothers house like, "how about you & I run off and get married", and I would say, "how about you get back on your side of the fence and leave me alone".  He was very drawn to Brooke though, he even offered for us to move in so that he could help take care of her. I told my mom that the next guy that asked me out I was going to punch in the nose well guess who it was....and no I didn't punch him in the nose. Our first date he took Brooklynn to Toys R us and bought her a Stroller because up until this time I had carried her everywhere. She loved it and used it for a few years. Soon after we decided to get married, let me rephrase that...He told me to come get my car washed and that we needed to dry it off so he drove me to the courthouse and got our marriage license.
Brooklynn had just turned two and had never smiled our laughed  until Timmy came along. We went to Gatlinburg and he would let her feed the ducks, he put her on rides, let her pet different animals, would take her to Florida to the beach and let her lay and hear the waves. I was terrified but he would tell me should could do what every other kids could do. Brooklynn would look at me with those eyes as if to say, "chill out mom". He had such a sense of humor that Brooklynn loved but when it came to her he could get really mean real quick. Everyone was so loving and welcoming to Brooklynn but there was the curious ones who would stand and stare. Timmy would very politely (well I wouldn't use the work polite) walk up to them and offer them a picture of her and let them know that it would last much longer than the 30 minute glance they were taking.
One night I was sick and had been in the bathroom for a good 30 mins. When I came out what I saw still brings tears to my eyes. Timmy and Brooklynn had been laying on the couch watching TV (TBN). There is a pastor on there named Benny Hinn who does alot of praying for miracles. He has testimonies of how people were healed from palsy and lines the stage with wheelchairs that had been abandoned due to numerous healings. At the end of the program he had asked that if you needed a healing to touch your hands to his on the TV screen and he would pray. Timmy had stood Brooklynn's little limp body up on her knees in front of the TV, unfolded her little drawn hands and was holding them to the screen praying. I walked out and said, "what are you guys doing". He looked up at me and was weeping and said, "this man said that if you lay your hands on his you will be healed".  I laid down that night and thought to myself, "God, you have truly blessed Brooklynn with a wonderful dad".
Soon after, I got a blessing too! Not only did Brooklynn get a new dad I got a new daughter. Sweet little Tabby. She was 6 turning 7 and so quiet and shy. Her and Brooklynn immediately became best friends and I knew right away that she was the part of our family that was missing. She jumped right into the roll of being the big sister. It wasn't easy with Brooklynn being handicapped and so many Dr's appointments but I don't think Tab ever gave it a second thought. I had made up my mind from the time I met her that she would be treated just like Brookie. She had only one chance to grow up, I had already had mine so I was going to make hers the best I possibly could.Timmy and I have said so many times how funny it was that before these two were ever born that God had chose him to be Brooklynn's daddy and me to be Tab's mommy.
Before Brooklynn had her stroke God had given me a dream. I had always heard that if you dreamt that you were in an elevator that fell and you hit the bottom then you would die. I dreamt that I was in an elevator and it was falling and I hit the bottom....but I didn't die. I stood up shook it off and got out. That was God warning me that something I thought would kill me was about to happen but with him I had survived and gotten stronger. Now God had given me a new family....Brooklynn had a new dad & sister and I had a new husband and daughter.

2 comments:

  1. God is so faithful! It's so true, God knew in advance that parents who are not the biological link are often the spiritual one. Your family and the EXTREME love you have always displayed has always blessed me! You are the PERFECT example of what a "blended family" should be. Full of love and respect. There are so many who benefit and learn from your loving example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Millie, I love reading your blog! The faith you kept while going through so much heartache is amazing! I wish more people had that kind of faith in God! Brooklyn was a very sweet & special little girl!!

    ReplyDelete